Clear Creek Community Services District's commitment to our customers is the dependable delivery of high quality water, while maintaining superior customer service at an affordable price. We pride ourselves on our fiscal responsibility and good stewardship of the water supply. We, too, are proud, active members of the Greater Happy Valley Community.
ACCOUNT INQUIRY FEATURE:
The account inquiry feature is new to Clear Creek C.S.D. customers and is provided free of charge. To access this new feature, click here to go to the login screen.
- You will need your book number (located on your bill or contact the office).
- You will need your account number (located on your bill or contact the office)
- You will need your pin number. If we have your phone number on file we have used the last four digits of your phone number. Customers without a phone number will need to contact the office for their assigned number.
- Once logged in you have the option of viewing your current bill and printing it if needed. You may also view your past usage history and view a bar chart of last years use Vs. this years use.
- You will also have the OPTION of paying your bill using this on-line service. What is NOT provided free of charge is the bill pay service. Our financial institution will charge $3.95 per transaction for this service.
Looking for the most convenient way to pay your bill? We offer a wide variety of payment options to our customers. Simply choose the option that best suits your needs... Learn more...
To log-in to the new on-line account inquiry/bill pay click here.
CLEAR CREEK CSD OFFICE HOURS
Beginning May 6, 2019 the CCCSD office will be closed for one hour between 12:00 noon to 1:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday. If you need to drop off a payment during this time period you may use the drop box out front near the mail box.
CCCSD SEEKING GRANT FUNDING FOR EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT
The Clear Creek Community Services District is currently seeking grant funding to replace the dump truck and equipment trailer. The dump truck is a 1994 model and must be replaced with a 2010 or newer model due to California Air Resources Board emission requirements by no later than January 2020. The equipment trailer is a 1997 model and would need extensive modifications to be compatible with a newer model dump truck and to safely transport the District’s equipment.
There are a number of easy ways to save water, and they all start with you. When you save water, you save money on your utility bills. Here are just a few ways... Learn more...
Visit the Clear Creek Weather Station for local weather information.
WATER RATES - PROPOSITION 218 HEARING:
The CCCSD held a special meeting on June 19, 2019, to discuss and adopt an ordinance to adjust the rates according to Prop 218. After extended discussion and many customer comments and questions the Board of Directors made a motion to suspend the proposed action, have the rate study completed by an independent Certified Public Accountant and bring the proposal back to the Board after another 45 day notification period to the customers is completed.
METER PROFILING SERVICE:
The District has the ability to query a customers meter if you are in Route 10. This will allow us to pull your watering history for your personal use. This free service provides you with a pre-determined period of time graph showing what times you used your water and how much was used during that time period. This is also an indicator of a water leak if there are not any time periods of no water use.
LEAK DETECTION SERVICE:
We also offer a free leak detection service to our customers. If you need this service please call the office and set up an appointment time for field staff to respond.