As of January 2020, there are new Senate Bills that Special Districts must comply with when providing information to the public. The primary Bill, S.B. 929 discusses Special District websites and the information contained within those sites. The information required includes:
- A catalog of enterprise systems, defined as “a software application or computer system that collects,
stores, exchanges, and analyzes information that the agency uses,” and the data collected can be found here;
- Financial transaction reports filed with the State Controller can be found here;
- Annual compensation of elected officials, officers and employees (or a link to the Controller’s Government
Compensation site) can be found here;
- Meeting agendas at least 72 hours in advance of meeting, per Brown Act requirements; and
- Local Health Care Districts’ websites must also include the information described in Assembly Bill 2019.